Chart::Gnuplot error messages

Vicky Conlan

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the Chart::Gnuplot error
messages are a little "less than helpful" at times?

I just spent a lot longer trying to debug a bit of code which was coming
up with:

convert: missing an image filename `/tmp/3cno0xDCzC/plot.tmp.png'.
"/tmp/x2avATBeww/plot", line 6: undefined variable: title

Which then sent me down various wrong paths before realising that I'd
actually forgotten to pass the DataSet my ydata variable.

Obviously this should be a good prod to me to put more error checking
around my code, but am I missing something obvious which would provide
better error messages?