CheckBox in a DataGrid and a datatable field

Just D

Hi All,

Does anybody know how to write the following code?

I have a database table with a few columns including: ID [int], "Task"
[varchar], ForceRun [bit]. I need to show the DataGrid on the ASPX page with
these selected fields and allow user to click one or more CheckBox controls
to activate this bit on the database table for a required ID.

I have already added a template column to the DataGrid and I can get the
CheckBox status from this CheckBox for each string. If I click a button
"Apply" on this page I can get a full list of changed items and send a SQL
command to the database to activate these bits. It works, but...

The customer wants this aspx page to be updated automatically, once per
selected time, for example one time per 10 seconds. I think that I have only
two possible ways to do that.

1. I need to read the status of these CheckBox controls from the DataGrid
and create a SQL string to send to the database immediately after changes,
just after the user clicked this control.
2. Wait for the auto refresh and work with the whole DataGrid before the
page is updated. I have this functions but I don't know how to call it
before updating of the page.

I used this tag to reload the page automatically. It works fine.

But it causes a full reload of the page including the datagrid and I can't
get the CheckBox status on Page_Load() because the DataGrid resets every
time on Page_Load(). I think that I need some event to check the status of
these CheckBox controls in the DataGrid before content reloading. But how?
If I go the first way, what event should I use to understand that the user
clicked the CheckBox to work with these changes after the changes have been
done before page refreshing?

Thanks,
Just D.