CheckBox in a DataGrid and a datatable field

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Just D, May 24, 2004.

  1. Just D

    Just D Guest

    Hi All,

    Does anybody know how to write the following code?

    I have a database table with a few columns including: ID [int], "Task"
    [varchar], ForceRun [bit]. I need to show the DataGrid on the ASPX page with
    these selected fields and allow user to click one or more CheckBox controls
    to activate this bit on the database table for a required ID.

    I have already added a template column to the DataGrid and I can get the
    CheckBox status from this CheckBox for each string. If I click a button
    "Apply" on this page I can get a full list of changed items and send a SQL
    command to the database to activate these bits. It works, but...

    The customer wants this aspx page to be updated automatically, once per
    selected time, for example one time per 10 seconds. I think that I have only
    two possible ways to do that.

    1. I need to read the status of these CheckBox controls from the DataGrid
    and create a SQL string to send to the database immediately after changes,
    just after the user clicked this control.
    2. Wait for the auto refresh and work with the whole DataGrid before the
    page is updated. I have this functions but I don't know how to call it
    before updating of the page.

    I used this tag to reload the page automatically. It works fine.

    But it causes a full reload of the page including the datagrid and I can't
    get the CheckBox status on Page_Load() because the DataGrid resets every
    time on Page_Load(). I think that I need some event to check the status of
    these CheckBox controls in the DataGrid before content reloading. But how?
    If I go the first way, what event should I use to understand that the user
    clicked the CheckBox to work with these changes after the changes have been
    done before page refreshing?

    Thanks,
    Just D.

    Just D, May 24, 2004