    www.segal.org/java/just_checkbox/. Suggestions on workarounds are welcome.
    After waiting for comments I will file a bug report. Hopefully the folks at
    Sun have Tablet PCs to reproduce the problem.

    Mickey Segal, Nov 15, 2006

  2. Mickey Segal

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Mickey Segal" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > There is a bug in firing Checkbox item events on Tablet PC. Clicking a
    > checkbox with the pen results in two item events. The problem does not
    > occur using a mouse.
    >
    > This problem is particularly troublesome because programmers on
    > non-pen-based computers will not know it is an issue, and a second click
    > on a Checkbox often reverses the effect of the first click.
    >
    > More details, a working applet and full source code are at
    > www.segal.org/java/just_checkbox/. Suggestions on workarounds are
    > welcome. After waiting for comments I will file a bug report. Hopefully
    > the folks at Sun have Tablet PCs to reproduce the problem.

    When/If you file the bug report, probably best to specify the exact make
    and model of the tablet PC. Maybe it works on some, but not all, of them.

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Nov 16, 2006

  3. Mickey Segal

    Mickey Segal Guest

    "Oliver Wong" <> wrote in message
    > When/If you file the bug report, probably best to specify the exact
    > make and model of the tablet PC. Maybe it works on some, but not all, of
    > them.

    That is a good thought. This could well be a driver issue. I will add the
    information once the bug (assigned #6494360 earlier today) gets onto the
    database at http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/index.jsp.

    I saw the bug on both a Motion Computing LS800 and a Motion Computing M1300.

    Mickey Segal, Nov 16, 2006