checkbox list and radion button list

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by puja, May 21, 2006.

  1. puja

    puja Guest

    hi all,

    I have a form which has checkbox list which has items as below

    1) Input 1
    2) Input 2
    3) Input 3
    4) Input 4
    5) Input 5

    Now if user selects Input2 and Input5 and goes to next page and then comes
    back to this page, I want to retain the selected Item that he selected
    before. i.e Checkboxlist should display Input 2 and Input 5 as checked and
    now if wants to change his selection to Input 1 and Input 5, he can change
    his selection and proceed to next page.

    My problem is I don't know how to retain the selection that he made
    previously. i.e how do i store items that he selected at the first time when
    he visited the page.

    Same problem with RadioButtonList. :(

    Pls help.......

    puja, May 21, 2006

  2. Apparently, you need to persist some state information that will allow you
    to set the checkbox values. You may want to store it in a database, or in
    session variables. It is hard to give a more specific advice without knowing
    the details.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, May 21, 2006