Checkboxes in ItemTemplate

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by David C, Jul 19, 2008.

  1. David C

    David C Guest

    I have a GridView with 6 checkboxes in ItemTemplate. It looks like
    this. Nothing special. I cannot use the GridView's line by line edit
    function because it would be just to cumbersome. This of this as a
    set of survey questions.

    <asp:GridView ID="gvTest" runat="server">
    <Columns>
    <asp:TemplateField>
    <ItemTemplate>
    <asp:CheckBox runat="server" />
    </ItemTemplate>
    </asp:TemplateField>
    <asp:TemplateField>
    <ItemTemplate>
    <asp:CheckBox ID="CheckBox1" runat="server" />
    </ItemTemplate>
    </asp:TemplateField>
    <asp:TemplateField>
    <ItemTemplate>
    <asp:CheckBox ID="CheckBox2" runat="server" />
    </ItemTemplate>
    </asp:TemplateField>
    </Columns>
    </asp:GridView>

    But this has to postback and the problem is with the amount of data
    being exchanged between the server and the brower. It is
    unacceptable, so I am open to ideas.

    I would like suggestions on how to go about reducing the amount of
    data being transfered. Tried UpdatePanel, and that does not work at
    all.

    Thank you.
    David C, Jul 19, 2008

  2. David C

    Munna Guest

    Hi

    Since you have already used updatepanel and it is of no use...
    i thing you can go for all client side actions...
    in this case you got to write raw ajax methods to update your
    stuff...
    and rather than use a grid you can use normal html table...
    the problem is with client side development you have huge javascript
    to manage...

    Best of luck

    -------
    Munna