CheckboxList PreRender

Nehal Shah

The PreRender event on a CheckboxList never seems to fire. Anyone else
having this problem? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Nehal

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Nehal,

Thank you for posting to the MSDN newsgroups. We are acknowledging your
post and you should receive response from the community within 2 business
days of your post.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Nehal,

As I understand, we can reproduce the problem with the following steps.

1. Create a default web application in VS.NET 2003.

2. Put a Button control and a CheckBoxList control on the webform.

3. Add the event handlers for the Button control and the CheckBoxList
control.
private void CheckBoxList1_PreRender(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
Response.Write("CheckBoxList1_PreRender");
}

private void Button1_PreRender(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
Response.Write("Button1_PreRender");
4. Build and Run the application. The PreRender of the CheckBoxList control
does not fire.

I am researching on this issue now. If I have misunderstood your concern,
please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Nehal Shah

Yes, those were the steps I followed although I used a textbox instead of a
button.

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Nehal,

Thank you for your update.

I have done more research regarding this problem. This issue is a problem
of our product. I am truly sorry for it. I have reported this problem to
the product team. Please pay more attention to the VS.NET new service pack
or version. Thank you for your understanding.

If this issue is very urgent to you, I would highly recommend you contact
Microsoft Product Support Services.

Microsoft support home page: http://support.microsoft.com.
To view support options:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top.
To submit an online request:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;incidentsubmit.

I hope it helps,

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Nehal Shah

Thanks for checking into it. At least I know I'm not doing something wrong.

I figured out a workaround. I overrided the Render method and moved the
code from the PreRender event procedure to it. Of course, I have to call
MyBase.Render afterwards.