CheckBoxList RequiredFieldValidator

S. Justin Gengo

A few days ago in the ASP.Net forums I came across a post asking about a
required field validator for the CheckBoxList component. The poster had an
old link to an article he had seen online that no longer worked. It didn't
take me long to find a working link to the article that did function and I
posted it.
Then I took a look at the C# code for the CheckBoxListValidator. The code
was well written, but I thought it could be improved in two ways.

One, it didn't provide a drop down of the CheckBoxLists on the page. Granted
that's a small thing, but I thought it would be nice if I could get that
functionality to work.

Two, it only made certain that one check box was selected by a user. What if
I want a user to select at least two or more checkboxes from the list?

I got both these things to work.

I've made the complete vb.net project for my checkboxlist
requiredfieldvalidator available in the code library of my site:
www.aboutfortunate.com. It's free, as is all the code on my site.

Sincerely,

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP