circular mapping for image links

Richard

Not sure how to state the question.
Is there any way to make an area of an image clickable so that the area is
circular?
I want to use an image which is circular by nature and want the inner
portion to be a link.
I know you can do polygons like with state maps.
Or at best something similar like an octagon shaped area?

Els

Richard said:
Not sure how to state the question.
Is there any way to make an area of an image clickable so that the area is
circular?
I want to use an image which is circular by nature and want the inner
portion to be a link.
I know you can do polygons like with state maps.
Or at best something similar like an octagon shaped area?

yes, it works the same way as with imagemaps with polygons,
but instead of <area shape="poly" coords... etc.> you use
<area shape="circle" coords="x,y,z" href="file.html">, where
x and y are the coordinates of the center of the circle, and
z is the radius.

Isofarro

Richard said:
Not sure how to state the question.
Is there any way to make an area of an image clickable so that the area is
circular?
I want to use an image which is circular by nature and want the inner
portion to be a link.
I know you can do polygons like with state maps.
Or at best something similar like an octagon shaped area?

Make the inner circle portion using the circle.
For the outer ring - define it as two separate clickable regions using a
polygon - define two C shapes (on a backwards C).

Richard

Isofarro wrote:>>
Richard wrote:
Make the inner circle portion using the circle.
For the outer ring - define it as two separate clickable regions using a
polygon - define two C shapes (on a backwards C).

thanks. found a neat little program that helps out getting the coordinates
the way I want.
http://www.imagecure.com
They have one that does freehand mapping, and one that splits an image into
vert/horiz segments with rollover effects.
the freeware version limits what you can do, but all I need is the coding
and they supply that too.
Why should I pay for something that I can do on my own?