Civil Engineering, Green Infrastructure and Fintech

Reaction score
Good Afternoon Team,

I am looking at a Crystal Ball.

My specialilty is Civil engineering and Green Infrastructure. Right now green industry is at the rising end of the curve, and the size in big, nearly 1 Tr. IT side - very segregated and still at the dinosaur stage though.

I am keen to educate myself which way to run? My vision is a global database, engineering design of green infrastructure, construction management and knowledge sharing in one platform. I have an mental image of the UPI and potential digital engineering platform to be collaborated.

I know it's a mammoth task. My question is which sector IT knowledge you think would be most effective in procuring and leading the efficient team towards this goal. For instance, would cloud computing, block chain or AI, or all of the above + ML would make it.

Happy to talk and brainstorm.

Cheers

Mohammad Rahman

PS: positive thoughts only. Mentally I am still a 2 year old, like a snail or tortoise without the hard shell, and can't handle attacks from evil angles ( I am only a human, my sisters and BILs have alleady robbed me penniless in that sector).

Reaction score
Hey Mohammad,
I support your thought process and I am impressed with your way of thinking both the industries which you have chosen are demanding in the coming future. With the increase in global warming and Climate Change, the Green Industry is taking up its pace and they want more individuals to register and work on it. As far as the IT industry is considered, it is already there in the market just upgrading itself. The IT industry has a far way to go as the dependency on the technology is increasing IT industry cannot go anywhere.

Reaction score
Thank you so much Jacqualina, it's a big relief.

I was deeply surprised thinking while this vision is not letting me sleep, why others can't even see it.

I am currently doing my PhD in Green Infrastructure.

Would love to brainstorm - the forum is not letting me PM you, any ideas on how to break the ice? Is it appropriate to post email address here.

Cheers

Reaction score
IT side - very segregated and still at the dinosaur stage though.

My question is which sector IT knowledge you think would be most effective in procuring and leading the efficient team towards this goal.
I suggest examining which systems currently house the pertinent information, and in what proportions. This would give a sense of least change for migration, and an opportunity to rank the systems in use on whatever metrics seem of merit.

I consider open source and free public access valuable properties for endeavors that involve the public.

Ask a Question