    small change such as this would not affect the application. What am I
    missing?

    Thanks a bunch :)
    Lerp, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Anything in code-behind must be compiled manually (through either csc.exe or
    VS.NET). Any changes in the ASPX page are compiled dynamically by ASP.NET
    and seen immediatly.

    "Lerp" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a developer that likes to work using all code behind forms no

    matter
    > the size of the page, whereas I don't usually use this format.
    >
    > Today when I went to remove a field from one of his sections I ran into a
    > problem. It kept referencing this field even though it was totally gone

    off

    Peter Rilling, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Lerp

    Lerp Guest

    Thank you gentlemen, I was beginning to suspect such conditions.

    Cheers, Lerp :)

    Lerp, Aug 18, 2004
  4. Lerp

    Edd Connolly Guest

    Lerp,

    When a page is using code behind, it will look for the page it inherits from
    in the dlls in the bin folder. The .cs files do not even need to be in the
    web application folder when the app is deployed. Any changes made to code
    behind files must be recompiled in order for them to take effect.

    Edd.

    --
    Edd Connolly

    MCP 70-315