Clarification Needed

Lerp

Hi all,

I have a developer that likes to work using all code behind forms no matter
the size of the page, whereas I don't usually use this format.

Today when I went to remove a field from one of his sections I ran into a
problem. It kept referencing this field even though it was totally gone off
of the codebehind page and the actual form.

It was my understanding that the codebehind would compile when needed and a
small change such as this would not affect the application. What am I
missing?

Thanks a bunch :)

Peter Rilling

Anything in code-behind must be compiled manually (through either csc.exe or
VS.NET). Any changes in the ASPX page are compiled dynamically by ASP.NET
and seen immediatly.

Edd Connolly

Lerp,

When a page is using code behind, it will look for the page it inherits from
in the dlls in the bin folder. The .cs files do not even need to be in the
web application folder when the app is deployed. Any changes made to code
behind files must be recompiled in order for them to take effect.

Edd.