classname::classname a type ?

Oliver S.

There are compilers that allow sizeof(classname::classname) as a
synonym to sizeof(classname); has anyone found something about this
in the ISO-std ? I doubt that this is legal.

White Wolf

Oliver said:
There are compilers that allow sizeof(classname::classname) as a
synonym to sizeof(classname); has anyone found something about this
in the ISO-std ? I doubt that this is legal.

All I can imagine is the size of a function pointer of the constructor,
which would make sense here. But according to the standard the constructor
does not have a name and its address cannot be taken (I was told so)... so
it all makes no sense to me.