    Any suggestions?

    wy.
    , Feb 8, 2006

  2. On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 17:52:56 -0800, cnwy wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have started rmiregistry at 1099,but can't bind the object with
    > java.rmi.UnmarshalException,And bind successfully Only after I set the
    > classpath and restart rmiregistry service.
    > So I want to set the classpath dynamic than restart the service.
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > wy.

    When starting the "server" JVM that exports the remote objects, set the
    java.rmi.server.codebase system property to something both rmiregistry and
    client applications can resolve. Eg.,

    rmiregistry &
    java -Djava.rmi.server.codebase=http://example.com/classes/stubs.jar -jar
    server.jar

    Ensure that the server's security policy is set to something sensible, too.

    -Owen
    Owen Jacobson, Feb 8, 2006