Running Rmiregistry as service, problem on logofff.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Arun Goel, Nov 12, 2003.

  1. Arun Goel

    Arun Goel Guest

    Hi all,

    I have set up rmiregistry.exe to run as service on Windows 2000 Server
    .. I set it up using "srvany.exe".
    It is running fine, but when I logoff, it stops.I did a lot of
    research but I am not able to find out what is the problem. I have
    "Interact with active desktop" unchecked.
    If I login after logoff, then rmiregistry is not responding though it
    shows the rmiregistry as "started" in "controlPanel->Admin->services".
    If I restart it, then again it will work successfully until I logoff.

    If I restart my computer , then after login I don't have to manually
    restart it.

    Reading previously posted messages, I got an impression that at
    logoff, some kind of of signals are sent & some services terminate
    upon receiving these signals.

    I have tried to use -Xrs as suggested by someone(start/min
    rmiregeistry -Xrs <port#>) , but even this didn't work.

    Any idea what I might be doing wrong..?

    Thanks
    Arun

    Arun Goel, Nov 12, 2003