    SINGAPOE

    ------------ Institute For Infocomm Research - Disclaimer -------------
    This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.
    Wijaya Edward, Oct 12, 2006

  2. Wijaya Edward

    Bernard Guest

    I'd say they use javascript to make a click and drag function.
    Like this jquery interface example:
    http://interface.eyecon.ro/demos/drag.html

    So basically, you could use a python web framework like
    Turbogears(http://www.turbogears.org/) or
    Django(http://www.djangoproject.com/) with javascript to create such
    effects.

    Bernard

    Bernard, Oct 12, 2006

  3. Wijaya Edward wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Some recent webapps like Kiko <http://www.kiko.com/> , Google's gadget <http://www.google.com/ig/directory?hl=en> , and spreadsheets <http://spreadsheets.google.com> to name a few,
    > have this functionality.
    >
    > I wonder how can this funcitonalities be implemented in Python.

    I wonder too !-)

    Seriously: this is done with Javascript, not Python. But if you're
    looking for a Python web framework making such things easy, then Pylons
    is for you:
    http://pylonshq.com/docs/0.9.2/quick_wiki.html#delete
    http://pylonshq.com/project/pylonshq/wiki/AjaxGettingStarted

    HTH

    --
    bruno desthuilliers
    p in ''.split('@')])"
    Bruno Desthuilliers, Oct 12, 2006
  4. Wijaya Edward schrieb:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Some recent webapps like Kiko <http://www.kiko.com/> , Google's gadget <http://www.google.com/ig/directory?hl=en> , and spreadsheets <http://spreadsheets.google.com> to name a few,
    > have this functionality.
    >
    > I wonder how can this funcitonalities be implemented in Python.
    > Do you guys have any experience with it?
    > Any Python module that support that?

    There is mochikit, a javascript library that makes coding in javascript
    suck less.

    And there is the pypy javascript backend.

    But "real" python - no.

    diez
    Diez B. Roggisch, Oct 13, 2006
  5. Diez B. Roggisch wrote:

    > There is mochikit, a javascript library that makes coding in javascript
    > suck less.

    and which is written by an experienced Python programmer, so it also
    makes your JavaScript look and feel a little more Pythonic.

    (not that JavaScript itself is that unpythonic, really, but some of the API:s
    suck pretty badly).

    </F>
    Fredrik Lundh, Oct 13, 2006
  6. Fredrik Lundh schrieb:
    > Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
    >
    >> There is mochikit, a javascript library that makes coding in javascript
    >> suck less.

    > and which is written by an experienced Python programmer, so it also
    > makes your JavaScript look and feel a little more Pythonic.
    >
    > (not that JavaScript itself is that unpythonic, really, but some of the API:s
    > suck pretty badly).

    I pretty much like the language, yes. But the environment it is deployed
    in suck pretty hard, especially when they stem from a north-western US
    state.

    diez
    Diez B. Roggisch, Oct 13, 2006