    displays on the page. It is actually no firewall on both networks.
    Can anybody tell me what is the problem? Thanks for your help.

    Zhao

    Zhao, Jul 6, 2003

  2. > Hi,
    > I installed the SQL Server 2000 database in my server machine and JDBC
    > driver as well. The server and database connection works well. And the
    > Web site path has been set through internet service manager. For
    > example, the server IP is:193.166.139.x. I can access the page
    > http://193.166.139.x on internet explorer on the server computer. But if I
    > want to access the page on internet explorer on the other computer(J2SE was
    > installed on this computer). It always saids: Applet notinited. And nothing
    > displays on the page. It is actually no firewall on both networks.
    > Can anybody tell me what is the problem? Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Zhao

    When using applets You must remember that an Applet can make connections
    only to a server from which it was downloaded. Check the exceptions
    thrown when the connection is unavailable. They surely will shout out
    the reason[with detail].

    And as to the thing you're trying to accomplish - let a servlet do the
    connecting and all db_connected_stuff. And let the applet be only a
    front end to it.
    Or think about letting the applet idea go - and do solely with servlets[jsp]

    Michal.

    --
    Serwis Usenet w portalu Gazeta.pl -> http://www.gazeta.pl/usenet/

    Michal Dzirba, Jul 6, 2003