Client access Server Problem!

Zhao

Hi,
I installed the SQL Server 2000 database in my server machine and JDBC
driver as well. The server and database connection works well. And the
Web site path has been set through internet service manager. For
example, the server IP is:193.166.139.x. I can access the page
http://193.166.139.x on internet explorer on the server computer. But if I
want to access the page on internet explorer on the other computer(J2SE was
installed on this computer). It always saids: Applet notinited. And nothing
displays on the page. It is actually no firewall on both networks.
Can anybody tell me what is the problem? Thanks for your help.

Zhao

Michal Dzirba

Hi,
I installed the SQL Server 2000 database in my server machine and JDBC
driver as well. The server and database connection works well. And the
Web site path has been set through internet service manager. For
example, the server IP is:193.166.139.x. I can access the page
http://193.166.139.x on internet explorer on the server computer. But if I
want to access the page on internet explorer on the other computer(J2SE was
installed on this computer). It always saids: Applet notinited. And nothing
displays on the page. It is actually no firewall on both networks.
Can anybody tell me what is the problem? Thanks for your help.

Zhao

When using applets You must remember that an Applet can make connections
only to a server from which it was downloaded. Check the exceptions
thrown when the connection is unavailable. They surely will shout out
the reason[with detail].

And as to the thing you're trying to accomplish - let a servlet do the
connecting and all db_connected_stuff. And let the applet be only a
front end to it.
Or think about letting the applet idea go - and do solely with servlets[jsp]

Michal.