Try to open the Data Access Page

SeePee

Hi,

I am a newbie who needs some help.

I am having problems connecting to an online SQL server database. I am using
Access 2003 and SQL Server 2008 and Internet Explorer 8.0.
I have already add it to the trusted site as it mentions below.

Data Access Pages has detected that your IE security settings will not allow
you to access data from a site considered to be insecure.

In order to access the data contained within the Data Access Page, you need
to:

1. Start IE

2. Choose Internet Options from the Tools menu

3. Click on the "Security" Tab

4. Click on the "Trusted Sites" icon

5. Click on the "Sites..." button

6. Uncheck the "Require server verification (https) for all sites in the
zone" checkbox

7. Add "http://domain1317158.sites.fasthosts.com/" as a trusted server

8. OK the dialog

9. Try to open the Data Access Page

If you still cannot access the data, it is possible that one of the
following problems exist.

You do not have security permissions to the server on which the data resides.
You do not have security permissions to the data referenced in the mail.
You should check with the Data Access Page owner to determine if you need
other permissions.

Zhi-Qiang Ni[MSFT]

Hi SeePee,

This problem may occur because the Access data sources across domains
security setting for the server's security zone is set to Disable. This
problem may also occur if the user clicks No when he or she is prompted to
allow the data access across domains.

Internet Explorer defines a different set of security settings for each of
its four security zones. To view these settings, click Internet Options on
the View menu, click the Security tab, click the zone you want to view
settings for, and then click Customize Settings. By default, the Access
data sources across domains security setting is set as follows for each
security zone.

Zone Setting
Internet Disable
Local Intranet Prompt
Trusted Sites Enable
Restricted Sites Disable

As you can see, if a page is published from a server in the Trusted Sites
zone, the cross-domain attempt will be enabled automatically. In a
controlled environment, such as a corporate intranet, your data access
pages will perform better if you use two-tier data access and make sure
that they are published from a server located in the Trusted Sites security
zone. This is the simplest way to address the problem of unauthorized
access from malicious scripts, but this assumes that you trust all users
that are allowed to publish to servers in the Trusted Sites zone, or that
an administrator examines the script behind all data access pages before
publishing them, to make sure that they don't contain malicious scripts.

Warning This workaround may make your computer or your network more
vulnerable to attack by malicious users or by malicious software such as
viruses. We do not recommend this workaround but are providing this
information so that you can implement this workaround at your own
discretion. Use this workaround at your own risk.

To work around this problem, set the Access data sources across domains
option to Prompt or to Enable when you view reports. To do this, follow
these steps:
1. Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Security tab.
4. Click the appropriate security zone (that is, Internet, Local intranet,
Trusted sites, or Restricted sites), and then click Custom Level.

Note The security zone may vary according to user.
5. In the Security Settings dialog box, locate the Miscellaneous section.
Under the Access data sources across domains option, click either Prompt or
Enable, and then click OK.
6. Click OK again to close the Internet Options dialog box.
For more information about how to set up security zones, visit the
following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/security/setup.mspx

The related KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313239
The related technical article:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa139939(v=office.10).aspx#deploydap
_cdda

If your problem persists, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

--
Sincerely,
Zhi-Qiang Ni