    browser and websphere. And I have no clue what can I do now.
    any ideas? suggestions? please advise. thanks!!

    , Jan 4, 2005

  2. RobM Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The JSP application is deployed in IBM Websphere, and it has file
    > upload operation. The problem is if the user upload a huge file like 20
    > MB, it will returns "Page cannot be displayed" in the browser after 30
    > seconds. If upload a small file size, it doesn't have any problems. I
    > tested it in local machine with WSAD, and it can upload any file size.
    > I suspect it is either client-side browser timeout OR server-side
    > websphere timeout, but I have no clue what's going on.
    >
    > The problem is I couldn't find any setting for time out settings on
    > browser and websphere. And I have no clue what can I do now.
    > any ideas? suggestions? please advise. thanks!!

    To set timeout (which you prob should do after a login page?):

    session.setMaxInactiveInterval( valueInSeconds )

    I doubt anything to do with timing out, sounds like a java exception being
    caught in the code you are running on the submit of the upload form but not
    displayed. Check your httpservlet logs or equiv in Websphere.

    Cheers
    RobM

    RobM, Jan 4, 2005