client-side browser timeout OR server-side web server timeout?? (please help)

jrefactors

The JSP application is deployed in IBM Websphere, and it has file
upload operation. The problem is if the user upload a huge file like 20
MB, it will returns "Page cannot be displayed" in the browser after 30
seconds. If upload a small file size, it doesn't have any problems. I
tested it in local machine with WSAD, and it can upload any file size.
I suspect it is either client-side browser timeout OR server-side
websphere timeout, but I have no clue what's going on.

The problem is I couldn't find any setting for time out settings on
browser and websphere. And I have no clue what can I do now.
any ideas? suggestions? please advise. thanks!!

RobM

The JSP application is deployed in IBM Websphere, and it has file
upload operation. The problem is if the user upload a huge file like 20
MB, it will returns "Page cannot be displayed" in the browser after 30
seconds. If upload a small file size, it doesn't have any problems. I
tested it in local machine with WSAD, and it can upload any file size.
I suspect it is either client-side browser timeout OR server-side
websphere timeout, but I have no clue what's going on.

The problem is I couldn't find any setting for time out settings on
browser and websphere. And I have no clue what can I do now.
any ideas? suggestions? please advise. thanks!!

To set timeout (which you prob should do after a login page?):

session.setMaxInactiveInterval( valueInSeconds )

I doubt anything to do with timing out, sounds like a java exception being
caught in the code you are running on the submit of the upload form but not
displayed. Check your httpservlet logs or equiv in Websphere.

Cheers
RobM