Client Side Controls

John

I am trying to develop a client side control that interacts with server based
pages.

1. I would like to know if the following is possible

Could a person create a control that was embedded into an ASP.NET page that
could perform a function on the clients computer and return results from that
function to the ASP.NET page and then once the user is done with the contact
it will log information that the user has input as well as information that
was collected by the control and log it to SQL server. I.E.

We are a small call center company performing maual outbound dials on the
telephone. I have written a custom OCX (Active X) control that will take
control of the modem and dial the current contact that the User is looking
at. (Kind of Like outlook). My goal here is to convert the OCX to .NET and
use this control taking advantage of the new technologies.

2. if it is possible Could someone point me in the right direction as to
where I can learn how to do this? I have purchased a few books on Custom
controls but none of them help with collecting information from the client
workstation.

Thanks much!