Client side file help needed

es330td

I have a need to transfer a graphic file to a user's system and then
access that file. I must have the drive letter:\path location of the
file. If at all possible I'd prefer that this not require user input.
(Note that since this is my app and in a corporate network, I have the
server in the Trusted Sites zone and every single action is marked
"Enabled" in the IE security settings and users will be using IE
exclusively.) It doesn't matter to me how the file gets to the
client, save that it get there from IE, and the file is initially
retrieved via a url I give the client. I have even looked into
reading the file out of the IE temporary files but have had no luck.

Does anyone have any idea of how to do this?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

es330td said:
I have a need to transfer a graphic file to a user's system and then
access that file. I must have the drive letter:\path location of the
file. If at all possible I'd prefer that this not require user input.
(Note that since this is my app and in a corporate network, I have the
server in the Trusted Sites zone and every single action is marked
"Enabled" in the IE security settings and users will be using IE
exclusively.) It doesn't matter to me how the file gets to the
client, save that it get there from IE, and the file is initially
retrieved via a url I give the client. I have even looked into
reading the file out of the IE temporary files but have had no luck.

Does anyone have any idea of how to do this?

If you hope to access that file via server-side ASP code, then your hope
is forlorn.
You should go to a client-side group like m.p.scripting.jscript after
researching HTA:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536496(VS.85).aspx

es330td

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

I realized after posting here is that what I really need is client
side VBScript functionality. Thanks for your reponses.