Close popup window

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by sjsean, Sep 6, 2007.

  1. sjsean

    sjsean Guest

    In an asp page I have the following scenario happening (or would like
    to happen)

    person picks a menu item in main page which opens a popup window that
    allows customization of that menu item. Upon submitting that page the
    results go to a second page in the popup window for collection into
    variables. I was hoping to just close that second page, but
    everything I have tried results in a message window stating the
    program is trying to close the page (y or n). I was hoping to get rid
    of this, but can't seem to no matter how hard I try.

    There are many examples on here that seem rather old and may have
    worked with former versions of IE without problem, but none have
    worked how I wanted.

    Does anyone have suggestions on how I could get the above...or even
    modify things so that maybe the original popup window can be
    closed...I do wonder if its the fact that a second page has been
    opened in the popup window.

    Thanks,

    Sean

    sjsean, Sep 6, 2007