clueless about error 80040108

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Harvey Waxman, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. suddenly get this error:

    error '80040108'

    /geta.asp, line 23

    which is : ObjMail.Body = "Instructions" & vbtab & instructions & vbcrlf&_

    and while I'm at it, why did the 'yourname' and the 'creditcard' fields return
    blank values, (when there was no error, that is).

    this is the code:

    <%
    Dim
    instructions,track,bladder,yourname,address,city,state,zip,country,phone,creditc
    ard,expdate,email
    instructions = Request.Form("instructions")
    track = Request.Form("track")
    bladder = Request.Form("bladder")
    yourname = Request.Form("yourname")
    address = Request.Form("address")
    city = Request.Form("city")
    state = Request.Form("state")
    zip = Request.Form("zip")
    country = Request.Form("country")
    phone = Request.Form("phone")
    creditcard = Request.Form("creditcard")
    expdate = Request.Form("expdate")
    email = Request.Form("email")
    Dim kits
    kits = Request.Form("kits")
    Dim ObjMail
    Set ObjMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
    ObjMail.To = ""
    ObjMail.From = ""
    ObjMail.Subject = "Dinghy Dogs order"
    ObjMail.Body = "Instructions" & vbtab & instructions & vbcrlf&_
    "Track" & vbtab & track & vbcrlf&_
    "Bladder" & vbtab & bladder & vbcrlf&_
    "Name" & vbtab & yourname & vbcrlf&_
    "Address" & vbtab & address & vbcrlf&_
    "City" & vbtab & city & vbcrlf&_
    "State" & vbtab & state & vbcrlf&_
    "Zip" & vbtab & zip & vbcrlf&_
    "Country" & vbtab & country & vbcrlf&_
    "Phone" & vbtab & phone & vbcrlf&_
    "Card#" & vbtab & credit & vbcrlf&_
    "Exp.Date" & vbtab & expdate & vbcrlf&_
    "Email" & vbtab & email & vbcrlf&_
    "Ordered" & vbtab & kits & vbcrlf&_
    ObjMail.Send
    Set ObjMail = Nothing
    Response.Write"Thank You For Your Order"

    --
    Harvey Waxman DMD
    73 Wright Lane
    Harvey Waxman, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Harvey Waxman

    Ray at Guest

    See here: http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2386

    Also, unless you're on an NT 4 server, you should switch to CDO. CDONTS has
    been retired. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2026

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Feb 26, 2004

  3. In article <uURSHIH$>,
    "Ray at <%=sLocation%> [MVP]" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> wrote:

    > See here: http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2386
    >
    > Also, unless you're on an NT 4 server, you should switch to CDO. CDONTS has
    > been retired. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2026
    >
    > Ray at work

    Thank you very much. Now if I can only figure out what to do and how to do it
    :)

    --
    Harvey Waxman DMD
    73 Wright Lane
    Harvey Waxman, Feb 26, 2004
  4. "Harvey Waxman" <> wrote in message
    > suddenly get this error:
    >

    > error '80040108'
    >
    > /geta.asp, line 23
    >
    > which is : ObjMail.Body = "Instructions" & vbtab & instructions &

    vbcrlf&_

    > "Email" & vbtab & email & vbcrlf&_
    > "Ordered" & vbtab & kits & vbcrlf&_
    > ObjMail.Send

    look at :

    "Ordered" & vbtab & kits & vbcrlf&_

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Feb 26, 2004
  5. In article <>,
    Harvey Waxman <> wrote:

    > > Also, unless you're on an NT 4 server, you should switch to CDO. CDONTS
    > > has
    > > been retired. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2026
    > >
    > > Ray at work

    > Thank you very much. Now if I can only figure out what to do and how to do
    > it
    > :)

    Ray,

    As I said, I know nothing about ASP. I just modified a script I found. What I
    see in your references are tutorials that assume I know far more than I do.

    Is there any resource where I can find a simple script to email a basic form on
    my web page with CDO instead of CDONTS?

    --
    Harvey Waxman DMD
    73 Wright Lane
    Harvey Waxman, Feb 26, 2004
  6. Harvey Waxman

    Ray at Guest

    > As I said, I know nothing about ASP. I just modified a script I found.

    What I
    > see in your references are tutorials that assume I know far more than I

    do.

    > Is there any resource where I can find a simple script to email a basic

    form on
    > my web page with CDO instead of CDONTS?

    Did you read the second link? http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2026

    Ray at work
    Ray at, Feb 26, 2004
  7. In article <c1kv2o$>,
    "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote:

    > look at :
    >
    > "Ordered" & vbtab & kits & vbcrlf&_

    That line doesn't return an error. It also looks exactly the same to me as the
    line that does return the error.

    "Instructions" & vbtab & instructions & vbcrlf&_

    what do you mean?

    --
    Harvey Waxman DMD
    73 Wright Lane
    Harvey Waxman, Feb 26, 2004
  8. "Harvey Waxman" <> wrote in message
    > In article <c1kv2o$>,
    > "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote:
    >
    > > look at :
    > >
    > > "Ordered" & vbtab & kits & vbcrlf&_

    > That line doesn't return an error. It also looks exactly the same to me

    as the
    > line that does return the error.
    >
    > "Instructions" & vbtab & instructions & vbcrlf&_
    >
    > what do you mean?

    The "&_" at the end of the line means you want to concatenate it with the
    next line, which I think is the ".Send" one. That's not what you want to
    happen, is it?

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Feb 26, 2004
  9. In article <c1ls7f$>,
    "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote:

    > "Harvey Waxman" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <c1kv2o$>,
    > > "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote:
    > >
    > > > look at :
    > > >
    > > > "Ordered" & vbtab & kits & vbcrlf&_

    > > That line doesn't return an error. It also looks exactly the same to me

    > as the
    > > line that does return the error.
    > >
    > > "Instructions" & vbtab & instructions & vbcrlf&_
    > >
    > > what do you mean?

    > The "&_" at the end of the line means you want to concatenate it with the
    > next line, which I think is the ".Send" one. That's not what you want to
    > happen, is it?

    The line beginning with "instructions" is the first line of a series of fields
    to be returned.

    This is the code:

    <%
[...]
    %>

    --
    Harvey Waxman DMD
    73 Wright Lane
    Harvey Waxman, Feb 27, 2004
  10. Re: clueless about error 80040108 SOLVED. thanks

    In article <>,
    Harvey Waxman <> wrote:

    > In article <c1ls7f$>,
    > "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote:
    >
    > > "Harvey Waxman" <> wrote in message

    It was the " & vbcrlf&_" that needed to be removed from this line. I
    misunderstood what people were telling me.

    thanks all

    > <%
    > Dim instructions,track,bladder,yourname,address,city,state,zip,country,phone,creditcard,expdate,email
    > instructions = Request.Form("instructions")
    > track = Request.Form("track")
    > bladder = Request.Form("bladder")
    > yourname = Request.Form("yourname")
    > address = Request.Form("address")
    > city = Request.Form("city")
    > state = Request.Form("state")

    snip

    Harvey Waxman, Feb 27, 2004
  11. Re: clueless about error 80040108 SOLVED. thanks

    > In article <>,
    > Harvey Waxman <> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <c1ls7f$>,
    > > "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote:
    > >
    > > > "Harvey Waxman" <> wrote in message

    > It was the " & vbcrlf&_" that needed to be removed from this line. I
    > misunderstood what people were telling me.

    Yup!
    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Feb 27, 2004