code behind language

nasirmajor

Being a starter in asp.net (using visual studio express) what is the
preferred code behind language to work with (vb.net or c#) plus which
is most useful plus future oriented

Damien

Being a starter in asp.net (using visual studio express) what is the
preferred code behind language to work with (vb.net or c#) plus which
is most useful plus future oriented.

It depends. They are both equally powerful (with a few minor caveats),
so if you have a background in C/C++/Java, I'd recommend C#. If you
have a background in VB/VBScript or the more verbose languages, I'd
recommend VB.NET.

If you're a complete beginner to programming, I'd recommend a good
book, and probably C# (Please note, I work in VB.Net, and I prefer it
personally, but I've heard that more .Net jobs are advertised seeking
C# then VB, so if you're learning with the intention of earning, it's
the better choice). Or pick something simple to start doing and try
doing it in both languages - see which one seems more obvious to you.

Just my two penneth,

Damien