    preferred code behind language to work with (vb.net or c#) plus which
    is most useful plus future oriented
    , Jun 1, 2006

  2. Damien Guest

    wrote:
    > Being a starter in asp.net (using visual studio express) what is the
    > preferred code behind language to work with (vb.net or c#) plus which
    > is most useful plus future oriented.

    It depends. They are both equally powerful (with a few minor caveats),
    so if you have a background in C/C++/Java, I'd recommend C#. If you
    have a background in VB/VBScript or the more verbose languages, I'd
    recommend VB.NET.

    If you're a complete beginner to programming, I'd recommend a good
    book, and probably C# (Please note, I work in VB.Net, and I prefer it
    personally, but I've heard that more .Net jobs are advertised seeking
    C# then VB, so if you're learning with the intention of earning, it's
    the better choice). Or pick something simple to start doing and try
    doing it in both languages - see which one seems more obvious to you.

    Just my two penneth,

    Damien
    Damien, Jun 1, 2006