Code to convert MGRS coordinates to latitude and longitude (degrees,

Discussion in 'Java' started by clusardi2k, Aug 13, 2012.

  1. clusardi2k

    clusardi2k Guest

    Does anyone have code to covert to latitude and longitude coordinates (in
    degrees, minutes, and seconds) from MGRS coordinates? I don't want code with a
    license.

    So, I'm not interested in the code from

    http://openmap.bbn.com/doc/api/com/bbn/openmap/proj/coords/MGRSPoint.html

    Basically, do you have a working project that I can look at that shows how to
    use your code.

    Thank you,

    --- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    --- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98
    clusardi2k, Aug 13, 2012

  2. clusardi2k

    Roedy Green Guest

    Re: Code to convert MGRS coordinates to latitude and longitude (degrees

    To: clusardi2k
    From: Roedy Green <>

    On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 09:38:12 -0700 (PDT), wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >Basically, do you have a working project that I can look at that shows how to

    use your code.

    if you google, MGRS there are lots of conversion utilities. You could write
    the authors or read the licence then decompile. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/decompiler.html
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products http://mindprod.com A new scientific truth
    does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light,

    Roedy Green, Aug 13, 2012