colon or dollar

SP

I recently upgraded one of my ASPNET project from .NET Framework 1.1 to .NET
Framework 2.0

I have the following code overriding the CreateChildControls() method

Panel panel = new Panel();
panel.CssClass = "Panel1CSSClass";
Controls.Add(panel);

Table table = new Table();
table.CssClass = "Panel1Table";
panel.Controls.Add(table);

TableRow topRow = new TableRow();
topRow.CssClass = "PanelTopRow";
table.Rows.Add(topRow);
TableCell topCell = new TableCell();
topCell.CssClass = "PanelTopCell";
topRow.Cells.Add(topCell);

previously, when this code was run under .NET 1.1, the UniqueID generated
for these classes used to look something like PS1:_ctl0 for panel,
PS1:_ctl02 for the topRow, PS1:_ctl03 for topCell etc. whereas since
migrating to 2.0, the UniqueID gets generated as PS1$ctl01 for panel,
PS1$ctl02 for topRow and PS1$ctl03 for topCell

I tried searching on the internet to find where this has changed, or can it
be set somewhere.

Actually at some other place, my code uses this ID and strips individual
items based on the colon, is it safe to assume it will be $ in .NET
Framework 2.0

Any infor is appreciated,

Thanks,

--SP

Teemu Keiski

Yes it has changed and it is $ in Framework 2.0 You can get it back to be :
if you enable legacy rendering (set <xhtmlConformance mode="Legacy"/> in
web.config) or change IdSeparator on Page / Control

SP

Thanks Teemu,

Is it possible to get the DefaultIDSeparator in code somehow?
If possible then instead of doing MyFullID.SubString(s.LastIndexOf(":"))

i would like to get the separator character from the framework

TIA,

--SP