colour website

dorayme

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Paul Watt

Ooooo! Pretty!

Indeed... potentially useful for picking colours... the way I
tell what colour it is, is by opening Mac OS X "DigitalColor
Meter" and observing the result in various RGB specs (as Hex,
8-bit, 16-bit, % etc...). One cannot copy (in order to paste) the
specs because for that the meter app needs to be to the fore,
then it is shift command click. But you can leave the mouse where
it is and use a pencil (remember these things?) on paper...

I don't know how accurate this meter is, but probably way
enough...

Spartanicus

Paul Watt said:
check out this handy webpage I came across:

http://milov.nl/iambald/24.html

It is supposed to be shown in a frame set: http://24.milov.nl/

This is an interesting experiment, I've always wanted to be able to
interactively change colours of a prospective design, not by using a
separate colour picking swatch, but "in place", so that you can see
colours applied to elements at the actual size, and next to the other
colours used.

It may be possible to do that by using JS to manipulate CSS background
or foreground colours.

Anyone know of such a utility?

dorayme

Spartanicus said:
It is supposed to be shown in a frame set: http://24.milov.nl/

Ah... well now I can test how accurate this color meter is (see
my last post). Let me see...

Yup, it is perfectly accurate when one makes the aperture size
control big - (the number of pixels sampled). But the frame there
is better because you don't need to mess about and can copy and
paste easier.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

Indeed... potentially useful for picking colours... the way I
tell what colour it is, is by opening Mac OS X "DigitalColor
Meter" and observing the result in various RGB specs (as Hex,
8-bit, 16-bit, % etc...).

Does clicking the page not work in your browser?

Els

Dylan said:
Bloody awful. It gave me a terrible headache :( I much prefer to use the
ColorZilla Firefox extension http://www.iosart.com/firefox/colorzilla/
which allows me to pick a colour from any website I like, as well as
find the hex code (and RGB values) for any colour without having to open
Photoshop. Plus there's no headache, which is a bonus.

I can top that :p
EclipsePalette, tiny little mini prog, lets you pick a colour not only
from any website, but even from any browser, any app, anything on
screen in fact. It also gives you not only 5 different codes for the
colour (purple would be #FF00FF, 16711935, RGB(255, 0, 255), &hFF00FF&
and even 0xFF00FF), but it also lets you mix it with a second colour,
or make it two shades darker or lighter.
On top of that, it lets you save your chosen colours in a palette, so
it's easy to remember different colour combinations you chose earlier.

http://www.greeneclipsesoftware.com/eclipsepalette.html

;-)

DoobieDo

Ed Mullen

dorayme said:
Indeed... potentially useful for picking colours... the way I
tell what colour it is, is by opening Mac OS X "DigitalColor
Meter" and observing the result in various RGB specs (as Hex,
8-bit, 16-bit, % etc...). One cannot copy (in order to paste) the
specs because for that the meter app needs to be to the fore,
then it is shift command click. But you can leave the mouse where
it is and use a pencil (remember these things?) on paper...

I don't know how accurate this meter is, but probably way
enough...

try http://24.milov.nl/ as the link. It has visible instructions. If
you click on the page a dialogue pops up with the decimal and hex values
shown. The hex value is automatically highlighted for easy copy/paste.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Stan McCann

/You/ would ;)

...but, yay! I think I'll go install it right away... And, done!

Nice. I like it. :)

That other link posted was javascript so all I saw was a black window
with a little bordered 16m in the lower right corner.

dorayme

Ed Mullen said:
dorayme wrote:

try http://24.milov.nl/ as the link. It has visible instructions. If
you click on the page a dialogue pops up with the decimal and hex values
shown. The hex value is automatically highlighted for easy copy/paste.

--

Yes, I realised this when Spartanicus (God), said about the frame
and posted about it. The point I am making Ed, is this. You are