    --
    Ketil V.

    Likes RFC 1855 (and Pizza)

    ketil v, Jan 22, 2004

  2. ketil v

    Jim Sculley Guest

    ketil v wrote:
    > I got to make Java use native methods written in a Delphi - program that I
    > dont got access to the sources for. The Delphi - programmers have made a
    > DLL for me to use as a interface, and a API telling me what's in the DLL.
    > I do not got the faintest idea about there to start digging for info about
    > how to do this, all I find is JNI - handbooks and examples about how to
    > write Java - programs that use specialized C / C++ / Delphi - classes, and
    > that both connect via a interface that got to be created specially.
    > This is not a option, since I dont got access to the Delphi sources, and
    > know nothing about Delphi, C og C++.
    >
    > Does anybody know where I should look for a solution?
    >
    > The environment is Windows.

    There are a variety of Java-COM bridges out there. Most can take the
    interface to a DLL and convert it into equivalent Java, generating the
    necessary native stuff.

    See

    http://www.relevancellc.com/halloway/JavaWin32.html

    for some ideas.

    Jim S.
    --
    Remove my extraneous mandibular appendages to reply via email.

    Jim Sculley, Jan 22, 2004

  3. ketil v

    Rick Osborn Guest

    I used a product called Linar's JIntegra.
    It had good detailed instruction and I believe free download.

    Rick Osborn, Jan 23, 2004
  4. ketil v

    ketil v Guest

    Rick Osborn skrev:

    > I used a product called Linar's JIntegra.
    > It had good detailed instruction and I believe free download.
    >
    > Jim Sculley <> wrote in message
    >> ketil v wrote:
    >> > I got to make Java use native methods written in a Delphi - program
    >> > that I dont got access to the sources for. The Delphi - programmers
    >> > have made a DLL for me to use as a interface, and a API telling me
    >> > what's in the DLL. I do not got the faintest idea about there to start
    >> > digging for info about how to do this, all I find is JNI - handbooks
    >> > and examples about how to write Java - programs that use specialized C
    >> > / C++ / Delphi - classes, and that both connect via a interface that
    >> > got to be created specially. This is not a option, since I dont got
    >> > access to the Delphi sources, and know nothing about Delphi, C og C++.
    >> >
    >> > Does anybody know where I should look for a solution?
    >> >
    >> > The environment is Windows.
    >> >

    >> There are a variety of Java-COM bridges out there. Most can take the
    >> interface to a DLL and convert it into equivalent Java, generating the
    >> necessary native stuff.
    >>
    >> See
    >>
    >> http://www.relevancellc.com/halloway/JavaWin32.html
    >>
    >> for some ideas.
    >>
    >> Jim S.

    Thanks! - I'll take a look.

    The importance of newsgroups can't be underestimated! - Have been struggling
    with this problem over a week now, came almost to the point of learning
    myself C, and refreshing my Pascal, to get around it...

    --
    Ketil V.

    Likes RFC 1855 (and Pizza)

    ketil v, Jan 23, 2004