Com+ Not working with ASP.Net

Elmo Watson

Here's my situation - I've reformatted and reinstalled everything from the
ground up - WinXP pro with all the latest SPs

ASP.Net will run just fine in my local web server (IIS, of course)

Com+ using VB6 will run fine on my computer

However, when I reference (in my code) a Com+ DLL like this:
Dim objWebMS as Webms.cWebms
objWebMS = Server.CreateObject("Webms.cWebms") <----- it breaks right here.

The error message says:
Could not create an object of type 'Webms.cWebms'.

I'm doing this in a text editor and creating my own Com+ interop assembly,
but it doesn't work when I do it in VS.Net 2003, either.

The weird thing is that it works fine on our Test server and our Production
Server.

any ideas?

Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\)

You don't want to tell us that this is your ASP.NET code don't you?
objWebMS = Server.CreateObject("Webms.cWebms")

--Daniel Fisher(lennybacon)

Elmo Watson

and how would you do it?

Daniel Fisher(lennybacon) said:
You don't want to tell us that this is your ASP.NET code don't you?

--Daniel Fisher(lennybacon)

Elmo Watson

This was and is working on most of our servers - - in the way I posted....
I did change it to:
objWebMS=New WebMS.cWebMS and it worked on this computer (where it wasn't
working)

BUT NOW - -
With the old coding way, it's been working for 2 years - -
I need to know why, all of a sudden, it's working on some and not my
computer, using the old way of coding it?

The reason I formatted my hd, was that, all of a sudden, this phenomenon
started happening on my computer and I couldn't fix it - - so I reformatted,
and reinstalled XP - now with all the latest SP/updates

I'd almost understand if something changed in the updates, except our
production server is Win2003 - -

any other ideas?