COM+ objet call hangs

Von Shean

I have already posted my problem. but now after some diagnosis i have a
clear question! I use a dll which is in com+. so when i call any function of
that dll from asp.net the call hangs or a deadlock occurs.
Kindly help!

Regards,

Von Shean

its a c# dll.
and a com+ library.

Hi,
couple of questions

1)the com+ component written with .net or vb/c++?
2)the package is server or library?

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114

Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Know the overall picture

Alexander Myachin

I had a similar issue when dll was located on a network mapped drive.
does COM+ object stay activated when the call hangs?

Hope this helps
Alexander Myachin

Von Shean

Nope
Alexander Myachin said:
I had a similar issue when dll was located on a network mapped drive.
does COM+ object stay activated when the call hangs?

Hope this helps
Alexander Myachin

function

Von Shean

I am using SQLServer 2000. I have diagnosed the problem as following.

I am using SqlHelper.ExecuteReader to get the data from the database.
There are 2 cases that i tried with this:

1. This is the call that hangs on the production server. (The production
server does not have SQL Server 2000 client tools installed).
2. It works fine on local staging server (i have SQL server 2000 client
tools installed on this system)

I dont think sql server client tools should be a problem, or does MS DTC
useSQL Server client tools when used with SqlHelper???

Natty Gur

well on our machines we use COM+ againt Sql Server without ant
instalation of SQL server utils or what so ever.

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114

Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Know the overall picture

Von Shean

I have figured out the problem. The MS DTC port 3372 on the production was
blocked.

Thank you very much