command-line arguments program

newshop

Dear Guru,

this is about command-line argument program.
is it possible to generate excel file with the command line program ?

example of the argurment is: C:\test.exe <filename.txt>, which I
compiled test.cpp
if I execute:
test fileA.txt

it will generate two files (one text file, one excel file): fileB.txt
and fileC.xls / fileC.csv

I know the how to program for command-line argument, but I'm not sure
how to generate excel/csv file (with inserting data into it) ? do i
need to include certain library ? If you have good example, it is very
helpful.

Thanks.

Regards.

Papastefanos Serafeim

? said:
Dear Guru,

this is about command-line argument program.
is it possible to generate excel file with the command line program ?

example of the argurment is: C:\test.exe <filename.txt>, which I
compiled test.cpp
if I execute:
test fileA.txt

it will generate two files (one text file, one excel file): fileB.txt
and fileC.xls / fileC.csv

I know the how to program for command-line argument, but I'm not sure
how to generate excel/csv file (with inserting data into it) ? do i
need to include certain library ? If you have good example, it is very
helpful.

Thanks.

Regards.

I'm not sure that I understand your question correctly, but a CSV file
is a plain text file, where semicolons (';') seperate the columns and
newlines ('\n') seperate the rows. You can try to save an excel document
as a CSV file and then open it with notepad to see the CSV format
yourself.

Gavin Deane

Papastefanos said:
I'm not sure that I understand your question correctly, but a CSV file
is a plain text file, where semicolons (';') seperate the columns

Wouldn't that be an SSV file?

Gavin Deane

Papastefanos Serafeim

? "Gavin Deane said:
Wouldn't that be an SSV file?

Gavin Deane

I guess you're right - but that's how excel saves a CSV file (!)

Just save a file as CSV through excel and open it with notepad to
see its structure ...