CommandName values, documented?

Brian Simmons

Hi All,

I've searched a bunch of different places and cannot seem to find a concrete
answer to this.

This past weekend I was watching some .NET training videos and noticed that
they were using CommandName property on a Button in a Multiview control (or
more specifically in Views of the Multiview control).

Just by setting the CommandName property on the Buttons to things like:
PrevView, NextView, SwitchViewByIndex (& utilizing the CommandArgument
property), SwitchViewByID (& utilizing the CommandArgument property)

They were able to switch the views without any code. As I dug deeper, I
discovered that when using buttons in a GridView, I could do CommandNames
like Edit, Update, Insert, Delete, etc... and have the GridView
automatically switch templates.

My question: is there a comprehensive list of all the CommandNames for all
Controls (dependent on where they're used)?

Thanks,
Brian

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Brian,

To see each control's supported command names, you can check related
*Command events as Patrice suggested.

To understand how the CommandName works, you can refer to a technique
called "event bubbling" in ASP.NET:

Bubbling an Event
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa719644(VS.71).aspx)

Hope this helps.