commapi and TomCat 5.5

Discussion in 'Java' started by Dag Sunde, Mar 18, 2007.

  1. Dag Sunde

    Dag Sunde Guest

    Is there any specific issues I should be aware of when
    using the commapi from a servlet under TomCat 5.5.

    That is, I'm using a vendor-provided jar-file, that depends
    on comm.jar.

    When I write a small test-app, everything is dandy. The app
    opens the comm port "COM1", and communications works ok.

    Running the same code in a web-app, I get a "Port not found"
    (the code is copy/pasted from the test-app).

    I have tried to put the "comm.jar" and "vendor.jar" in
    ....\webapps\myapp\WEB_INF\lib, and in
    ....common\lib

    I've put the "win32comm.dll" both in "system32" and together
    with the jar file, but to no avail...

    When I run my test-app, I run it like this:
    java -cp D:\commapi\comm.jar;.\vendor.jar;. Test

    Any ideas?

    TIA...

    --
    Dag.

    Dag Sunde, Mar 18, 2007

  2. Dag Sunde

    Dag Sunde Guest

    Dag Sunde wrote:
    > Is there any specific issues I should be aware of when
    > using the commapi from a servlet under TomCat 5.5.
    >
    > That is, I'm using a vendor-provided jar-file, that depends
    > on comm.jar.
    >
    > When I write a small test-app, everything is dandy. The app
    > opens the comm port "COM1", and communications works ok.
    >
    > Running the same code in a web-app, I get a "Port not found"
    > (the code is copy/pasted from the test-app).
    >
    > I have tried to put the "comm.jar" and "vendor.jar" in
    > ...\webapps\myapp\WEB_INF\lib, and in
    > ...common\lib
    >
    > I've put the "win32comm.dll" both in "system32" and together
    > with the jar file, but to no avail...
    >
    > When I run my test-app, I run it like this:
    > java -cp D:\commapi\comm.jar;.\vendor.jar;. Test

    Just in case others run into this:

    I had forgot to copy the "javax.comm.properties" file,
    so Tomcat/myApp couldn't see it...

    --
    Dag.

    Dag Sunde, Mar 21, 2007