  1. Blindsya

    Blindsya Guest

    Is there any way of adding comments to your html code?

    Blindsya, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Blindsya

    chlori Guest

    "Blindsya" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:bdukp7$7dl$...
    > Is there any way of adding comments to your html code?

    <!-- Comment -->

    ---
    chlori

    chlori, Jul 2, 2003

  3. Blindsya

    brucie Guest

    In post <bdukp7$7dl$>
    Blindsya said...

    > Is there any way of adding comments to your html code?

    HTML comments have the following syntax:

    <!-- this is a comment -->
    <!-- and so is this one,
    which occupies more than one line -->

    White space is not permitted between the markup declaration open
    delimiter("<!") and the comment open delimiter ("--"), but is
    permitted between the comment close delimiter ("--") and the markup
    declaration close delimiter (">"). A common error is to include a
    string of hyphens ("---") within a comment. Authors should avoid
    putting two or more adjacent hyphens inside comments.
    http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/intro/sgmltut.html#idx-HTML

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 02/July/2003 10:58:53 pm kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jul 2, 2003
  4. Blindsya

    Blindsya Guest

    Thanks Guys

    Blindsya, Jul 2, 2003
  5. Blindsya

    Richard Guest

    "Blindsya" <> wrote in message
    > Is there any way of adding comments to your html code?

    or try

    // this is also a comment

    printed to screen

    Richard, Jul 2, 2003
  6. Blindsya

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote:
    >"Blindsya" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there any way of adding comments to your html code?
    >>

    >or try
    >
    >// this is also a comment

    >printed to screen

    Rubbish.
    // is a comment in JavaScript, not in HTML.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Jul 2, 2003