compatability

Phillip Parr

This is a repost, as no one could/decided to help me, and it's still a
problem I have!

I'm having a little problem which is bound to be simple to solve but I just
can't find the answer.

I have a file containing...

<iframe name="submitWindow" src="dochat.php"></iframe>
<iframe name="refreshWindow" src="chatupdate.php"></iframe>

and a section from the dochat.php file...

parent.document.refreshWindow.location.reload();

So basically, the structure is i'm using a page in an iframe to reload a
page in another iframe which both have the same parent. This code works fine
in MSIE but I get the following error in netscape:

Error: parent.document.refreshWindow has no properties
Source File: dochat.php
Line: 9

If anyone can tell me what I need to do to make it work in netscape I'd be
very happy!

Thanks in advance :)

ZER0

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 13:07:53 +0000 (UTC), Phillip Parr wrote:

[cut]
I have a file containing...

<iframe name="submitWindow" src="dochat.php"></iframe>
<iframe name="refreshWindow" src="chatupdate.php"></iframe>
and a section from the dochat.php file...

parent.document.refreshWindow.location.reload(); [cut]
If anyone can tell me what I need to do to make it work in netscape I'd be
very happy!

parent.refreshWindow.location.reload();

Phillip Parr

wow, that's great! Can't believe it was that simple. Fixing that has arisen
more errors,:

document.submitWindow.chatForm.say.value=document.userInput.say.value;

That's in the parent window. Trying to set a value in the iframe form.
What's wrong with that? I've tried removing document, adding
forms['chatForm'] etc... so what have i missed this time?

Phil

--
ZER0://coder.gfxer.web-designer/

~ La vita e' una tempesta, ma prenderla nel culo e' un lampo.
(B. Grillo)

ZER0

wow, that's great! Can't believe it was that simple. Fixing that has arisen
more errors,:
document.submitWindow.chatForm.say.value=document.userInput.say.value;

submitWindow.document.chatForm.say.value=document.userInput.say.value;

What's wrong with that? I've tried removing document, adding
forms['chatForm'] etc... so what have i missed this time?

The right order.

Phillip Parr

Thanks for your help, all works great in ie and netscape now :D

Phil

ZER0 said:
wow, that's great! Can't believe it was that simple. Fixing that has
arisen
more errors,:
document.submitWindow.chatForm.say.value=document.userInput.say.value;

submitWindow.document.chatForm.say.value=document.userInput.say.value;

What's wrong with that? I've tried removing document, adding
forms['chatForm'] etc... so what have i missed this time?

The right order.

ZER0

Thanks for your help, all works great in ie and netscape now :D

you're welcome. :)

--
ZER0://coder.gfxer.web-designer/

~ Alcune persone sono ancora vive per il semplice motivo che e'
illegale ucciderle.

on air ~ "Maki Kimura - Beyond The Bounds"