Compilation of code for both StrongArm and Win32

Hansen

Hi,

I'm writting an application for a StrongArm target, that is able to run on a
win32 simulator. I'm need to write to the serial port and would like to use
open(), ioctl() and so on without having to use ifdef's for win32 (and then
use _open() etc.)

I'm looking for some sort of wrapper that wraps the win32 api with the
matching POSIX function definitions.

Is it possible and which library could do that? I was wondering if maybe
MinGW, Cygwin, Uwin or something else could do the trick?

Best Regards
Søren

Victor Bazarov

Hansen said:
I'm writting an application for a StrongArm target, that is able to
run on a win32 simulator. I'm need to write to the serial port and
would like to use open(), ioctl() and so on without having to use
ifdef's for win32 (and then use _open() etc.)

I'm looking for some sort of wrapper that wraps the win32 api with the
matching POSIX function definitions.

Is it possible and which library could do that? I was wondering if
maybe MinGW, Cygwin, Uwin or something else could do the trick?

You should try asking in a Windows programming newsgroup. This does
not seem to be a C++ language problem since accessing hardware is not
defined in the language, it's a platform thing.