Compile .cs files

Guest

I don't have Visual Studio, Is there an easy way to compile bunch of .cs
files at once? I have written several .cs files and put in the /bin folder
.... everytime I add a new file, I have to edit the batch file, it's kind
of annoying if the project grows bigger.

Is there any free tools out there that can automate this?

N.S.

Richard Blewett [DevelopMentor]

Do you want to compiler them into 1 assembly or many?

csc *.cs

will compile them into one - the result exe (in this case) will be names the same as the .cs file with Main() in it.

Regards

Richard Blewett - DevelopMentor

http://staff.develop.com/richardb/weblog

nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp/<c3j4d.1$18%[email protected]>

I don't have Visual Studio, Is there an easy way to compile bunch of .cs
files at once? I have written several .cs files and put in the /bin folder
... everytime I add a new file, I have to edit the batch file, it's kind
of annoying if the project grows bigger.

Is there any free tools out there that can automate this?

N.S.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

[microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp]

Guest

Thanks.. I only know about Web Matrix, but never use SharpDevelop.net This
SharpDevelop is awesome!!!! Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it solves all my
compile problems.

Jon Skeet [C# MVP]

NOSPAM said:
I don't have Visual Studio, Is there an easy way to compile bunch of .cs
files at once? I have written several .cs files and put in the /bin folder
... everytime I add a new file, I have to edit the batch file, it's kind
of annoying if the project grows bigger.

Is there any free tools out there that can automate this?

One alternative not yet mentioned is NAnt:

http://nant.sf.net

It's a build tool fashioned after Ant, the Apache Jakarta project
written in Java.