    of annoying if the project grows bigger.

    Is there any free tools out there that can automate this?

    N.S.

    NOSPAM, Sep 22, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFzc3VkYQ==?=, Sep 22, 2004

  3. already tried shardevelop?

    www.sharpdevelop.com

    nice tool and freeware. some better ideas than VS.
    hope it helps you.

    greetz

    Weinand Daniel, Sep 22, 2004
  4. Do you want to compiler them into 1 assembly or many?

    csc *.cs

    will compile them into one - the result exe (in this case) will be names the same as the .cs file with Main() in it.

    Regards

    Richard Blewett - DevelopMentor

    http://staff.develop.com/richardb/weblog

    nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp/<c3j4d.1$18%>

    I don't have Visual Studio, Is there an easy way to compile bunch of .cs
    files at once? I have written several .cs files and put in the /bin folder
    ... everytime I add a new file, I have to edit the batch file, it's kind
    of annoying if the project grows bigger.

    Is there any free tools out there that can automate this?

    N.S.

    ---
    Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

    [microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp]

    Richard Blewett [DevelopMentor], Sep 22, 2004
  5. NOSPAM

    NOSPAM Guest

    Thanks.. I only know about Web Matrix, but never use SharpDevelop.net This
    SharpDevelop is awesome!!!! Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it solves all my
    compile problems.

    NOSPAM, Sep 22, 2004
  6. NOSPAM <> wrote:
    > I don't have Visual Studio, Is there an easy way to compile bunch of .cs
    > files at once? I have written several .cs files and put in the /bin folder
    > ... everytime I add a new file, I have to edit the batch file, it's kind
    > of annoying if the project grows bigger.
    >
    > Is there any free tools out there that can automate this?

    One alternative not yet mentioned is NAnt:

    http://nant.sf.net

    It's a build tool fashioned after Ant, the Apache Jakarta project
    written in Java.

    --
    Jon Skeet - <>
    http://www.pobox.com/~skeet