    folder. Now i want program tu run under windows, so i need to get exe
    files or something.
    And what do i need to do to make program for linux. (stg. like .deb package)

    SMALLp, Dec 28, 2007

  2. SMALLp wrote:
    > Hy!
    > I have question. After short goggling, I haven't found anything good. So
    > my question is:
    > I wrote a program in python and i Get .py files and some .pyc in working
    > folder. Now i want program tu run under windows, so i need to get exe
    > files or something.
    > And what do i need to do to make program for linux. (stg. like .deb package)

    py2exe can bundle your files, the Python dll and all its dependencies
    into a distributable executable.

    It does *not* convert the Python code into an exe.

    Christian

    Christian Heimes, Dec 28, 2007

  3. SMALLp

    Martin Blume Guest

    "SMALLp" schrieb
    > I have question. After short goggling, I haven't found
    > anything good. So my question is:
    > I wrote a program in python and i Get .py files and some
    > .pyc in working folder. Now i want program tu run under
    > windows, so i need to get exe files or something.

    If python is installed on the target machine (Windows or
    Linux or ...) you do not need an exe, just copy the py file.

    > And what do i need to do to make program for linux.
    > (stg. like .deb package)

    a .deb package is more than a "program".
    You'll have to look at the .deb developer documentation.

    Again, for simple programs, just copying the .py file
    is sufficient, provided that Python (and all the modules
    your .py needs) is installed.

    HTH
    Martin

    Martin Blume, Dec 28, 2007
  4. SMALLp a écrit :
    > Hy!
    > I have question. After short goggling, I haven't found anything good. So
    > my question is:
    > I wrote a program in python and i Get .py files and some .pyc in working
    > folder. Now i want program tu run under windows, so i need to get exe
    > files or something.

    Strictly speaking, you don't *need* this. Now depending on the target
    audience of your app, you may want to provide a "black-box" bundle of
    your app and all the dependencies, including the python runtime. AFAICT
    (not being a Window user), py2exe might be what you're looking for.

    > And what do i need to do to make program for linux. (stg. like .deb
    > package)

    A debian package (or any other similar stuff) is not a "program", it's
    distribution system format. You'll find relevant doc on the related
    distribution system. Note that almost each linux distro has it's own
    system...

    Anyway, since part of your audience may include "power users", don't
    forget to also provide either a simpler distrib using either distutils
    and/or setuptools (Python Egg):
    http://docs.python.org/dist/dist.html
    http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools
    http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/PythonEggs