Compiling a C program through another C program

Chris Hills

Chris Dollin said:
(fx:atopical)

That "flurry" started with the standardisation effort for C++ and the CLI,
and unless I've lost my marbles has been going on for about seven years.

I would agree. Now I look back it has been a while. Time flies etc.

Richard Bos

Chris Hills said:
I think you are complaining to the wrong poster. As far as I can tell, it's
Chris Hills that wants to allow non-Standard discussions.

I just want discussions about C.[/QUOTE]

No, you want screaming tentacled masses of discussion about Windows,
ululating squamous rugosities full of discussion about Unix, and no
useful discussion about C. You may not realise it, but if you don't
believe me, look at any other newsgroup where "anything goes".

Richard

Chris Hills

Richard Bos said:
No, you want screaming tentacled masses of discussion about Windows,
ululating squamous rugosities full of discussion about Unix,

Never asked for that.

Richard Bos

Chris Hills said:
Never asked for that.

Not explicitly, no. Just as political anarchists never actually _ask_ to
be herded into a labour camp by the guy with the biggest army, but
that's still what happens in countries which fall into anarchy.

Richard

Chris Hills

Richard Bos said:
Not explicitly, no. Just as political anarchists never actually _ask_ to
be herded into a labour camp by the guy with the biggest army, but
that's still what happens in countries which fall into anarchy.

Richard

I just wanted a slight relaxing to the shout of OT. What you have said
is something completely different.

If you look in another thread on "Fully-portable time delay of specified
length" I was the first to redirect the OP to a different NG. (He really
needs to write a delay routine using a HW timer)

However others are suggesting ways it can be done in different systems
as there is no sensible (or fully portable) way to do it in standard C.
the discussion is interesting and useful but every time the method
described starts to go deep into a non- standard method it is being
moved to the more appropriate NG.

The thread is short and has a very high signal to noise because there
are not pedants screaming OT at every post. Everyone is learning, happy
and polite.

I suggest that for one month. Say 10 October to 10 November the pedants
who usually say OT or "not standard C" every other line refrain from
doing that and let the moderates (or anarchists as you call them) do the
redirecting and OT posts.

If at the end of the month we are all drowning in noise and everyone is
unhappy they we will go back to the system the small group of pedants
have been trying to enforce.

Keith Thompson

Chris Hills said:
I suggest that for one month. Say 10 October to 10 November the
pedants who usually say OT or "not standard C" every other line
refrain from doing that and let the moderates (or anarchists as you
call them) do the redirecting and OT posts.

I suggest that for one month, those who habitually complain about
those of us who point out that things are off-topic stop complaining.
The signal-to-noise ratio would increase dramatically.

I also suggest that the trolls stop trolling and the spammers stop
spamming.

Of course, I don't actually expect this to happen.