compiling python (or ironpython) to .exe or .dll for or not for .NET

per9000

Hi python people,

I am working with .NET (in C++/CLI and C#) but since I really love
python I'd like to do things for .NET (or whatever) from python.

Has anyone tried it?

What (costless) compilers are good?

Are there any (costless) editors like MS Visual Express you have tried?

Is the newest Ironpython really as old as from 2004 July 28 (as stated
on http://www.ironpython.com/)?

Thanks.

/Per Erik Strandberg
yet another Fibonaccilover

Alan Franzoni

Il 28 Jun 2006 06:29:58 -0700, per9000 ha scritto:
Is the newest Ironpython really as old as from 2004 July 28 (as stated
on http://www.ironpython.com/)?

Ironpython homepage seems long to have been abandoned.

Try this:

http://www.gotdotnet.com/Workspaces/Workspace.aspx?id=ad7acff7-ab1e-4bcb-99c0-57ac5a3a9742

--
Alan Franzoni <[email protected]>
-

Alan Franzoni

Il 28 Jun 2006 06:29:58 -0700, per9000 ha scritto:
Is the newest Ironpython really as old as from 2004 July 28 (as stated
on http://www.ironpython.com/)?

Sorry again, the up to date page is the following one:
http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython

--
Alan Franzoni <[email protected]>
-
Togli .xyz dalla mia email per contattarmi.
Rremove .xyz from my address in order to contact me.
-
GPG Key Fingerprint:
5C77 9DC3 BD5B 3A28 E7BC 921A 0255 42AA FE06 8F3E
-
Blog: http://laterradeglieroi.verdiperronchi.com

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Luis_M._Gonz=E1lez?=

per9000 said:
Hi python people,

I am working with .NET (in C++/CLI and C#) but since I really love
python I'd like to do things for .NET (or whatever) from python.

Has anyone tried it?

What (costless) compilers are good?

Are there any (costless) editors like MS Visual Express you have tried?

Is the newest Ironpython really as old as from 2004 July 28 (as stated
on http://www.ironpython.com/)?

Thanks.

/Per Erik Strandberg
yet another Fibonaccilover

Ironpython development is going full steam towards version 1 (right now
is in beta 8), and it's close to completion (see the codeplex link
above).
It is a faithful implementation of the python language for the .NET
framework.

Regarding IDEs for Ironpython, I know they are developing a Visual
Studio integration (I've not tried it though) and I don't know what's
its current state.
I'm sure that sooner or later, someone will write a binding for the
free SharpDevelop ide.

luis

per9000

Update:

I have found a holy handgrenade.

I found something that seems to work fine for me - I've only tried it
for 5 minutes but seems to work very smoothly. Open-source, Mozilla
license, you know the drill...

http://www.py2exe.org/

py2exe (the name makes me fall in love) creates some dll's for me
containing python I guess.

8 File(s) 3 434 409 bytes

My goal here is some kind of fibonacci stuff, preferably for dot net,
but the extremely clean code in python (that deals with
fibonaccinumbers that are large beyond being silly) dies in C*. I have
to build my own sillyINT class and I don't like building sillyINT
classes.

Before I depress the enter button it finds that the number
123456789012345678901234567890123
has the nearest smaller and larger fibonacci numbers:
110560307156090817237632754212345
and
178890334785183168257455287891792. And my code remains hidden (I
guess).

Has someone tried some other (costless) holy handgrenade that does the
trick?

/Per Erik Strandberg
yet another FibonacciNumerologist

jussij

per9000 said:
Is the newest Ironpython really as old as from 2004 July 28 (as
stated on http://www.ironpython.com/)?

I think the site is dead but IronPython is far from dead. In fact
the IronPython 1.0 beta has just been release.

For more details go to this link: http://www.gotdotnet.com/

and search for: ironpython
Are there any (costless) editors like MS Visual Express
you have tried?

Zeus for Windows has support for Python/IronPython:

http://www.zeusedit.com

It does syntax highlighting, smart indenting, code folding,
class browsing etc.

Jussi Jumppanen
Author: Zeus For Windows

josiah.carlson

per9000 said:
Update:

I have found a holy handgrenade.

I found something that seems to work fine for me - I've only tried it
for 5 minutes but seems to work very smoothly. Open-source, Mozilla
license, you know the drill...

http://www.py2exe.org/

py2exe (the name makes me fall in love) creates some dll's for me
containing python I guess.

Your code exists as a .pyc file inside of the library.zip . People who
still want access to it will be able to use the free or commercial
versions of decompyle to get your code back. If you want to make it
more difficult, you can always use pyrex, but that will require a
compiler.

- Josiah