complier design

Seven Kast USA

Hi
pelase explain me complier design of c and i need a small example
complier design all phases in c programming .
by
KAST

Dave

Seven said:
Hi
pelase explain me complier design of c and i need a small example
complier design all phases in c programming .
by
KAST

Coupled with "what is a pointer", you appear to be spamming this group
with stupid questions. If you don't know what a pointer is then you're
nowhere near being able to understand the first principles of compiler
design.

Tydr Schnubbis

Dave said:
Coupled with "what is a pointer", you appear to be spamming this group
with stupid questions. If you don't know what a pointer is then you're
nowhere near being able to understand the first principles of compiler
design.

Maybe he's conduction some kind of sociological experiment on this
newsgroup? It's really quite amazing to see how much time and energy
people put into arguing why he has to be a troll, and what to do about
it. But then again, I'm the kind of person who view political 'debates'
broadcasted on TV mostly as psychological studies.

Malcolm

Seven Kast USA said:
Hi
pelase explain me complier design of c and i need a small example
complier design all phases in c programming .
by
KAST
You build a compiler around an expression parser, which breaks down a
complex expression into binary arithmetical operations.
Once you have the basic logic, it is not too difficult to add flow control
constructs like if statements and loops.

The binary operations then need to be translated into machine language.
Doing this efficiently is very difficult. However most C statements map
quite simply to assembly language instructions.

I can give you my BASIC interpreter if you like. It is the first half of a
compiler, but it executes instructions immediately rather than producing
machine language. Also of coure the high level language is not C, though it
has a good deal in common with C.

CBFalconer

Malcolm said:
You build a compiler around an expression parser, which breaks down a
complex expression into binary arithmetical operations.
.... snip ...

+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Netocrat

Maybe he's conduction some kind of sociological experiment on this
newsgroup?

Or perhaps he is a new breed of AI developed by Indian out-sourcers.
It's really quite amazing to see how much time and energy
people put into arguing why he has to be a troll, and what to do about
it.

As opposed to the time spent in optimising a troll's hextodecimal
function? Both are motivated by curiosity (how do I pick trolls vs how do
I pick the slow bits in the code) and efficiency (how can we minimise
troll bandwidth wastage vs what's the optimum way to code this).

It's not so amazing that people put time into things that they find
interesting, even when those things are troll-related - interest is the
main reason to follow a newsgroup. And curiosity and concern for
efficiency are attributes I'd expect to find in most c.l.c followers.
But then again, I'm the kind of person who view political 'debates'
broadcasted on TV mostly as psychological studies.

I don't see a better way to view them.