composite control

john pryor

I've built a composite control which I then put into a
datalist control. When I run my web page I only get one
rendering of my composite controls all of the other items
in the list are the default text from the control. This
is my first attempt at building a composite control so
I'm sure I've missed a step or two, I'd appreciate it if
someone could feel me in on what I'm missing, thanks.

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi John,

I am sorry if there is any misunderstanding but I am not sure about the
exact problem. Is it possible for you to tell me how to reproduce your
problem on my side step by step? I certainly appreciate your time.

In addition, the followings are some basic information of the Composite
Control. I hope it helps.

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/webctrlauthoring.aspx

l/cpcondevelopingcompositecontrols.asp

l/cpconcompositecontrolsample.asp

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

john pryor

Thanks for your help. I figured out part of the problem.
I'm creating a composite control with 4 controls in it
that I wish to have absolute positioning of. When my
composite control renders in a datalist all of the
composite controls position on top of each other due to
the absolute positioning. How do I position my individual
controls inside of the composite without having this side
effect? Thanks again for your help.

john pryor

I figured it out. I had to set the width, height, and
position style properties on the HtmlGenericControl.
Thanks again for your help.