ConfigParser Alternative (a request to help you)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dan Gass, Sep 13, 2004.

  1. Dan Gass

    Dan Gass Guest

    I've written a Python module (available at
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/config-py/ see "Home Page" for
    documentation, "Files" for download) that provides easy access to
    configuration file settings for control of script execution. The
    method is extremely flexible and powerful because of the use of python
    to define settings and its optional heirarchical settings
    organization. I would like to improve the documentation (and possibly
    the API) so that it is more useful to others.

    I am willing to help those that have difficult configuration issues to
    apply this module to solve your problem. Without experience using
    this module, it may not be obvious from the current documentation how
    to take advantage of it. I want to rewrite the documentation after I
    gain more perspectives and include in it a collection of recipes that
    resulted from this request.

    For quicker responses, please copy my personal email account when
    mailing to this news group (dan.gass at gmail.com)

    Dan Gass

    You may never find a free lunch, but at least you can get free help!

    Dan Gass, Sep 13, 2004