Configuration tool

Swami

I am not able to use the asp .net configuration tool. When I click on the
security tab, I get this messages:

---
There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an
invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can
also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the
button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to connect
to SQL Server database.
---

I am using SQL Server E xpress 2005, and I already have a database created.
Here is my web.config file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>

<appSettings>
</appSettings>

<connectionStrings>
<add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data
Source=COMPUTERNAME;Initial Catalog=MyDatabase;Integrated Security=True"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>

<system.web>
<compilation debug="false" />
<authentication mode="Windows" />
<!--
The <customErrors> section enables configuration
of what to do if/when an unhandled error occurs
during the execution of a request. Specifically,
it enables developers to configure html error pages
to be displayed in place of a error stack trace.

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"
defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">
<error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />
<error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />
</customErrors>
-->
</system.web>
</configuration>

Any idea what the problem might be? I am able to connect to my database fine
from the visual studio environment.

Thanks.

MikeS

Does the connection string from the visual studio environment match the
one in web.config? Are the providers using that connection string? Is
ASPNET a login in the database and have rights?

osql -E -S .\SQLEXPRESS -d aspnetdb -w 1024 -Q "sp_helpuser"