Confused over definition of "root" of site

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Larry Woods, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. Larry Woods

    Larry Woods Guest

    I have defined a virtual directory and application called Test. The
    directory is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Test. I created a trivial page:

    <%
    response.write Server.Mappath("/")
    %>

    When I execute this page I get:

    C:\inetpub\wwwroot\

    but I was expecting to see:

    C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\

    Isn't the root of my virtual directory "test"?

    TIA,

    Larry Woods

    Larry Woods, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Larry Woods

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:41:37 -0700, "Larry Woods" <>
    wrote:

    >I have defined a virtual directory and application called Test. The
    >directory is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Test. I created a trivial page:
    >
    ><%
    >response.write Server.Mappath("/")
    >%>
    >
    >When I execute this page I get:
    >
    >C:\inetpub\wwwroot\
    >
    >but I was expecting to see:
    >
    >C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\
    >
    >Isn't the root of my virtual directory "test"?

    The root of the site is just that, the root *of the site*. Not any
    directories in the site. Virtual or otherwise.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Larry Woods

    Larry Woods Guest