Confused over definition of "root" of site

Larry Woods

I have defined a virtual directory and application called Test. The
directory is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Test. I created a trivial page:

<%
response.write Server.Mappath("/")
%>

When I execute this page I get:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\

but I was expecting to see:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\

Isn't the root of my virtual directory "test"?

TIA,

Larry Woods

Jeff Cochran

I have defined a virtual directory and application called Test. The
directory is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Test. I created a trivial page:

<%
response.write Server.Mappath("/")
%>

When I execute this page I get:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\

but I was expecting to see:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\

Isn't the root of my virtual directory "test"?

The root of the site is just that, the root *of the site*. Not any
directories in the site. Virtual or otherwise.

Jeff

Larry Woods

Thanks for the FAST response, Jeff.

Larry Woods