    How can I start my webservice in Visual Studio so it accepts connections
    from my test application?

    Thanks, Peter

    peter, Jan 11, 2007

  2. peter

    RYoung Guest

    You may need to make sure the port that the webservice is using is static. I
    believe it is dynamic by default when the "cassini" web server is being
    used. So, that with a dynamic port, the next time you test the service, it
    may have a port number other than 1639.

    In Solution Explorer, click your web service project, and check the
    Properties window, there should be some settings in there to specify a
    static port number.

    Ron

    RYoung, Jan 11, 2007