    Were those utilities available in a Visual Studio add-on which is now
    outdated?
    (Hopefully I will get VS 2008 soon)

    Arne, Dec 1, 2008

  2. "Arne" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am not able to find svcutil.exe or WSDL.exe on a computer which has
    >Visual
    > Studio 2005 professional installed.
    > Were those utilities available in a Visual Studio add-on which is now
    > outdated?
    > (Hopefully I will get VS 2008 soon)

    You should find the tools installed as part of the .NET 2.0 SDK (which would
    have been installed with VS2005)

    Take a look in:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin

    If you open a "Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt" from "Visual Studio Tools"
    on the Start-Menu, then type "wsdl.exe", it should find it.

    Steven

    Steven Wilmot, Dec 2, 2008

  3. Arne

    Arne Guest

    I found WSDL.exe but not svcutil.exe. Svcutil.exe might belong to a beta of
    WCF.

    Arne, Dec 2, 2008
  4. >> >I am not able to find svcutil.exe or WSDL.exe on a computer which has
    >> >Visual
    >> > Studio 2005 professional installed.
    >> > Were those utilities available in a Visual Studio add-on which is now
    >> > outdated?
    >> > (Hopefully I will get VS 2008 soon)

    >> You should find the tools installed as part of the .NET 2.0 SDK (which
    >> would
    >> have been installed with VS2005)
    >>
    >> Take a look in:
    >> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin
    >>
    >> If you open a "Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt" from "Visual Studio
    >> Tools"
    >> on the Start-Menu, then type "wsdl.exe", it should find it.
    >>

    >I found WSDL.exe but not svcutil.exe. Svcutil.exe might belong to a beta of
    > WCF.

    From the felp-file:

    " The ServiceModel Metadata Utility Tool can be found at the Windows SDK
    installation location, specifically, C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    SDKs\Windows\v6.0\Bin"

    You may find the following useful:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx

    You should be able to download a relevant SDK to get it.

    Steven

    Steven Wilmot, Dec 2, 2008
  5. Arne

    Arne Guest

    I don't have the svcutil.exe in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    SDKs\Windows\v6.0\Bin directory.

    Arne, Dec 2, 2008