  1. Please any one tell me how to connect c or c++ to oracle in windows.

    thank you in advance,
    vishnu.

    vishnu mahendra, Nov 5, 2003

  2. vishnu mahendra wrote:
    > Please any one tell me how to connect c or c++ to oracle in windows.
    >
    > thank you in advance,
    > vishnu.

    You best benefit by asking the experts in a Windows or
    Oracle newsgroup. This newsgroup discusses issues with
    the C language which has no facilities for Oracle or
    Windows. You will need some platform specific functions.

    Read the FAQ below.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
    Other sites:

    Thomas Matthews, Nov 5, 2003

  3. vishnu mahendra

    CBFalconer Guest

    vishnu mahendra wrote:

    > Please any one tell me how to connect c or c++ to oracle in windows.

    Open the window from the bottom. If it is a French window open
    both sides. Place a cushion on the window sash and persuade your
    oracle to sit there. Use a strong collar and leash on your c (or
    c++, although we don't deal with those cats here) and lead it to
    the oracle. Persuade it to jump into his/her lap. With any luck
    it will turn around one or two times, curl up, and lie down.
    Convince the oracle to pet it. If it purrs you are on the path to
    success.

    If you are in one of those ugly office buildings with sealed
    windows, secure a rock and break the window first. Then proceed
    from the cushion stage onwards.

    If this fails to adequately answer your query consider using a
    newsgroup with one or more (preferably all) of C++, windows,
    oracle in its name.

    --
    Chuck F () ()

    CBFalconer, Nov 5, 2003
  4. On 5 Nov 2003 09:15:09 -0800, in comp.lang.c ,
    (vishnu mahendra) wrote:

    >Please any one tell me how to connect c or c++ to oracle in windows.

    This is not a C question, its an Oracle question. You need to ask
    Oracle experts in an appropriate group. The windows programming groups
    can probably also suggest some ways to do it.

    For what its worth, typically you'd need some 3rd party library which
    supplied some API calls to connect to the DB server, open a session,
    and execute some SQL.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Nov 5, 2003