Connecting different Apps with Web Services or DTS??

Scott Good

So here is my current situation. I have 3 applications built on top of SQL Server. One of the applications is an off the self app called SalesLogix, the other two applications are custom built ASP.Net applications. SalesLogix is used to create custom identifiers to identify projects and clients. The other 2 applications also use these identifiers in their table. In addition, the 2 custom applications exchange project performance data

What are my choices for data exchange and when would I use each solution? Can I just use the tools in SQL Server or do I need additional software? Should I use Web services or just use DTS and synch every day or half day. Also, if you have any suggested reading for architecting these types of systems I would love to know about them

Jan Tielens

I think there's to little data to make a judgement, but I highly recommend
following document:

Designing Data Tier Components and Passing Data Through Tiers
http://tinyurl.com/2706
Learn how to best expose your data to Microsoft .NET applications and how to
implement an effective strategy for passing data between the tiers in a
distributed application. (65 printed pages)

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens