Connecting to Oracle error

EZ

Hi,

I just downloaded Ruby and Watir as well and my local XE Oracle database
and trying a basic connection to Oracle database and I am getting this
error: "custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require': no such file to
load -- oci8 (LoadError)."

Here is my code:

require 'oci8'

connection = OCI8.new('ops$etfiop', 'etfiop', 'XE')
connection.exec("select * from dual") do |row|
puts 'dummy: ' + row[0] # outputs "dummy: X"
end
connection.logoff

Any ideas???

Thanks,
EZ

Alin Popa

EZ said:
Hi,

I just downloaded Ruby and Watir as well and my local XE Oracle database
and trying a basic connection to Oracle database and I am getting this
error: "custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require': no such file to
load -- oci8 (LoadError)."

Here is my code:

require 'oci8'

connection = OCI8.new('ops$etfiop', 'etfiop', 'XE')
connection.exec("select * from dual") do |row|
puts 'dummy: ' + row[0] # outputs "dummy: X"
end
connection.logoff

Any ideas???

Thanks,
EZ

Hi EZ,
It seems that you don't have oci8 library installed.
In order to do that, go to: http://ruby-oci8.rubyforge.org/en/ and
follow the steps that are described there.

Best regards,
Alin