Connecting to Oracle error

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by EZ, Feb 16, 2007.

  1. EZ

    EZ Guest

    Hi,

    I just downloaded Ruby and Watir as well and my local XE Oracle database
    and trying a basic connection to Oracle database and I am getting this
    error: "custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require': no such file to
    load -- oci8 (LoadError)."

    Here is my code:

    require 'oci8'

    connection = OCI8.new('ops$etfiop', 'etfiop', 'XE')
    connection.exec("select * from dual") do |row|
    puts 'dummy: ' + row[0] # outputs "dummy: X"
    end
    connection.logoff

    Any ideas???

    Thanks,
    EZ

    EZ, Feb 16, 2007

  2. EZ

    Alin Popa Guest

    EZ wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just downloaded Ruby and Watir as well and my local XE Oracle database
    > and trying a basic connection to Oracle database and I am getting this
    > error: "custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require': no such file to
    > load -- oci8 (LoadError)."
    >
    > Here is my code:
    >
    > require 'oci8'
    >
    > connection = OCI8.new('ops$etfiop', 'etfiop', 'XE')
    > connection.exec("select * from dual") do |row|
    > puts 'dummy: ' + row[0] # outputs "dummy: X"
    > end
    > connection.logoff
    >
    > Any ideas???
    >
    > Thanks,
    > EZ

    Hi EZ,
    It seems that you don't have oci8 library installed.
    In order to do that, go to: http://ruby-oci8.rubyforge.org/en/ and
    follow the steps that are described there.

    Best regards,
    Alin

    Alin Popa, Feb 16, 2007