    2. What is meant by COM1, COM2 and so on? Can somebody educate me on
    that? Are these terms only used for serial ports or usb ports?

    Thanks in Advance

    weird0, Jun 5, 2007

  2. weird0

    Hari Guest

    > Hi!
    > I wish to send and receive data to usb port through c# code. Upon
    > searching, I found out that
    > c# only has support for SerialPort in System.IO.Ports and no support
    > for usb. For that I will have to use c++ wrapper classes.
    >
    > Please don't tell me use a serial-to-usb convertor coz there are some
    > hardware issues that I have with the GSM modem.
    >
    > 1. But I can't find any good resource or c++ code, through which i
    > can do that? Can u tell me the links.
    >
    > 2. What is meant by COM1, COM2 and so on? Can somebody educate me on
    > that? Are these terms only used for serial ports or usb ports?
    >
    > Thanks in Advance

    Your question does not deal with anything
    concerning the C++ language, try a group dedicated to your
    OS (as I see, it is Win).

    Best,
    Pasalic Zaharije

    Hari, Jun 5, 2007

  3. weird0

    weird0 Guest

    I guess it does because i need the code to connect to usb for c++. I
    need the wrapper classes so i can use them in c#.

    weird0, Jun 5, 2007
  4. weird0 schrieb:
    > I guess it does because i need the code to connect to usb for c++. I
    > need the wrapper classes so i can use them in c#.

    The _language_ C++ doesn't have any way to "connect to usb", so your
    question is offtopic in this group.
    When doing communication with COM-ports or USB, you use platform specific
    libraries like the WinAPI. So your question belongs to a Windows platform
    newsgroup.

    Read here:

    Thomas

    Thomas J. Gritzan, Jun 5, 2007
  5. weird0

    Lionel B Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:20:26 +0000, weird0 wrote:

    > On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 00:53:43 -0700, Hari wrote:
    >
    >>> Hi!
    >>> I wish to send and receive data to usb port through c# code. Upon
    >>> searching, I found out that
    >>> c# only has support for SerialPort in System.IO.Ports and no support
    >>> for usb. For that I will have to use c++ wrapper classes.

    > [...]
    >
    >> Your question does not deal with anything concerning the C++ language,
    >> try a group dedicated to your OS (as I see, it is Win).

    (Please don't snip relevant context [restored]... your post made
    absolutely no sense without it).

    > I guess it does because i need the code to connect to usb for c++. I
    > need the wrapper classes so i can use them in c#.

    This group deals only with C++ *language* issues - your question really
    does not concern a language issue. Please see the FAQ:

    This article also contains some links that may be of help to you.

    Regards,

    --
    Lionel B

    Lionel B, Jun 5, 2007
  6. weird0

    jecalderon

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    I am new to this site. I am interested to develop my C language capabilities. I did programing 20 years ago and my graduate school advisor said that no much changes except for the development of sophisticated graphic classes.

    The area of device interface is of great interst.. Communciation with foreign device.. Therefore, you will understand why my interest over USB communication .

    May someone elaborate why is the subject not a matter of C# programing? I must be missing something.

    If I want to manipulate a device from a C# code.. Please described the process workflow to allow this to happen. It is obvious that there is a step where code is no longer relevant.

    Thank you all for any further comment.

    jecalderon, Apr 15, 2013