Connection exception.

Sergio

Hi everybody,

I have an RMI-based application and when I increase the number of
processes communicating with each other I start to get errors of
connections refused, such as:

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:350)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:137)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:124)
at
agents.rmi.common.MyRMISocketFactory.createSocket(MyRMISocketFactory.
java:46)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:494)
at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:185
)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:169)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(UnicastRef.java:313)
at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Naming.java:79)
at ...

I would like to know if someone has experienced similar problems, what
could be the cause and, in general, any hint that you could give me to
track and solve the problem. Is there a maximum number of connections
allowed? How can I guess if the problem is that I have reached some number
in the connections, or whether the local network is overloaded?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion,

Sergio